CDC estimates that 24 million American’s suffer from COPD, 8% of the country’s population and the 4th leading cause of death. COPD also accounts for 10% of all hospitalizations which can become longer in length of stay if the patient’s exacerbation risk is not managed aggressively. There are a number of reasons healthcare providers need special vigilance in managing these patients most importantly of which is if they are not taking their medication or not taking it as designed they most likely will get worse.
Let’s look at a few;
Many medications are multi-dose Many are life long treatments Treatment decisions and protocols change in the life span of the treatment Most require special dosing, storage or a devise to administer Many patients attempt to make their medication last longer Confusion, confusion, confusion
At Vasco Rx we provide complete patient training and education with each prescription filled. We complete regular compliance check ups to determine how the patient is managing their treatment and make sure the provider is notified at each step. We also seek financial assistance for the patient in need.
We specialize in NEBULIZED medications and can bill Medicare Part B as required.
Perforomist® (formoterol fumarate inhalation solution) Brovana® (arformoterol tartrate inhalation solution) Albuterol, Atrovent® Combivent ® Pulmicort® Atrovent® Xopenex® Tobi® (Tobramycin) Pulmozyme® inhalation (dornase alpha) Mucomyst Solution (acetylcysteine solution)
- Benefit verifications and prior authorizations management and support.
- Expert handling of Medicare Parts B and D billing.
- Co-pay and patient assistance programs.
- Ability to ship and bill insurance in all 50 states.
- Delivery options as needed.
- Refill reminders and wellness checks tailored to the specific disease and drug therapy.
- Manufacturer patient educational materials are shipped with each prescription.