CDC estimates that 24 million American’s suffer from COPD, 8% of the country’s population and the 4th leading cause A vital and important component of post transplant care is the management of the many and complex medications that all transplant patients must take. Vasco Rx recognizes these challenges and supports the physician and patient to assist in the medication management process. The goal of the pharmacists is to help patients and their families understand the importance of their medications and address concerns or questions about their new medication regimens.
As patients are discharged from the hospital, they are contacted by a clinical pharmacist to review their particular needs and the medications that have been prescribed:
- Medications are delivered directly to patients’ homes free of charge.
- Prescriptions are reviewed by a clinically trained pharmacist.
- All co-pay assistance and foundation support for post-transplant medications will be sought.
- Providing information on the purpose, dosage, and potential side effects of medications.
- Reviewing complex medication profiles for potential drug to drug interactions.
- Preventing, detecting, and monitoring adverse drug reactions and medications errors.
- Working with the physician in adjusting the dosage of medications depending on kidney or liver function.
- Helping to design, implement, and individualize drug regimens and therapeutic plans.
- Working with patients on home monitoring of blood pressure and diabetes.
- Facilitating discharge planning.
- Counseling on discharge medications.
- Coordinating with the medical provider as changes arise.