There are 4 types of Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Each can range from mild to severe. Patterns of relapse and remission or times when symptoms appear to fade vary given the type of MS.
- Relapsing-remitting MS : This accounts for 85% of all MS diagnoses. • Relapses are followed by remissions. People may recover completely or partially from relapses. • Most people with this form of MS eventually develop secondary-progressive MS.
- Secondary-progressive MS : Most people with relapsing-remitting MS eventually develop this form of the condition. Irreversible disability accumulates gradually. Relapses or remissions are not clearly separated.
- Primary-progressive MS : Symptoms gradually intensify over time without clear relapses or remissions. Condition usually worsen.
- Progressive-relapsing MS : Relapses are often serious and usually have limited recovery. MS continues to progress between relapses.
At Vasco Rx our concern is making sure the patient has their medication when they need it.
- Medications are delivered directly to patients’ homes free of charge
- Prescriptions are reviewed by a clinically trained pharmacist
- All co-pay assistance and foundation support for all specialty medications will be sought
- Providing information on the purpose, dosage, and potential side effects of medications
- Reviewing complex medication profiles for potential drug to drug interactions
- Reviewing with the patient any changes in medications or adjustment in dosage made by the physician
Vasco Rx is also a home infusion pharmacy and can provide home skilled infusion nursing.